The Running of the Bulls: Pamplona, Hemingway & Historical Tour
-The Basque city of Pamplona (Iruña in Basque) is a city famous for two things: Ernest Hemingway called this city home as he was writing The Sun Also Rises, and secondly this is the city where bulls run the streets.
-We will guide you through the winding streets of the old part where Hemingway savored his beloved Rioja wine while he chatted up the locals. We will also point out the infamous path that the bulls run during the San Fermin festival.
-On the tour there is a stop off at the Pamplona Cathedral where you will have the opportunity to see this amazing 13-15 century building. Beneath the cathedral sits remnants of a 1st century BC Roman village called Pompaelo! The cathedral houses an amazing archaeological exhibit showcasing jewelry, coins, cooking utensils, etc... that date back more than 1000 years.
-We stop for lunch in the old part of Pamplona where you can enjoy the delicious Basque gastronomy.
- 10:00am-4:00pm. Approximately 6 hours.
- 450 euro (total) for groups of 2.
- 500 euro (total) for groups of 3-4.
- For larger groups please contact us for a price quote.
- Tour starts and finishes at your hotel/accommodation/port.
- Fully insured and licensed by the Basque Government.
- Private Mercedes-Benz van/Audi sedan, guide and all transportation costs included.
- The Iconic Basque Capital: The city of Vitoria
- San Sebastian Tour: Pintxos & the City
- Bilbao, Architecture & Culture Tour
- Architecture & Wine of La Rioja Tour