The Iconic Basque Capital: The City of Vitoria-Gasteiz
-On this tour of Basque we will make the 35-55 minute drive (depending on your location) to the Basque capital of Vitoria-Gasteiz. This charming city has a medieval quarter that dates backs to the 12th century.
-Vitoria-Gasteiz was awarded the European Green Capital by the European Commission in 2012. As a result, there are more parks and green spaces per capita than anywhere else in the European Union.
-We will stop at the Park of Florida that sits just outside the old quarter of the city.
-The tour includes a guided walk through the old quarter stopping at historic palaces and churches. One particular 13th century cathedral along our route inspired the novel World Without End by Ken Follet.
-On this guided tour of the Basque capital we take you on a leisurely stroll through the section of the old quarter that contains dozens of bars. Here we can stop and snack on some delectable pintxos & tapas while you take in the vibrant atmosphere of Vitoria.
- 10:30am-3:30pm. Approximately 5 hours.
- 360 euro for groups of 2.
- 400 euro for groups of 3-4.
- For larger groups please contact us for a price quote.
- Tour starts and finishes at your hotel/accommodation/port.
- Fully insured and licensed by the Basque Government.
- PPrivate Mercedes-Benz van/Audi sedan, guide and all transportation costs included.