The Art of Txakoli Tour: A Basque White Wine Experience
-So you have been to La Rioja and love wine? Then it is an absolute must to experience the Txakoli vineyards overlooking the Bay of Biscay in Bakio or Getaria!
-Our first stop is to the newly built txakoli museum in the beautiful coastal village of Bakio. Here you will learn the historical significance of Basque txakoli, the unique cultivation techniques, and the role the wine has played in the Basque culture over the centuries. *Museum not included if tour begins from San Sebastian*
-If tour begins in San Sebastian we will also stop in the beautiful coastal town of Getaria for a private guided tour. You will learn about the famous sailor Juan Sebastian Elcano, fashion designer Cristobal Balenciaga, and others...
-We will stop at a truly unique family run txakoli vineyard and winery nestled in the picturesque green hills overlooking over the Bay of Biscay. The winery is small, and mainly produces bottle for the local market.
-The guided Txakoli winery tour lasts approximately 1.5 hours and offers a thorough explanation of the entire wine making process.
-You will also get to savor the fresh Basque cheese, ham, and locally caught tuna at the winery for a light lunch with your Txakoli!
-On the way back to your hotel we will stop at some absolutely stunning places along the Basque coast for some photo opportunities as well.
- 10:00am-4:00pm. Approximately 6 hours.
- Includes museum entrance, Basque winery tour, wine tasting, and accompanying light lunch.
- 185 euro/person for groups of 2.
- 140 euro/person for groups of 3-4.
- Tour starts and finishes at your hotel/accommodation/port.
- Fully insured and licensed by the Basque Government.
- Private Mercedes-Benz van/Audi sedan, guide and all transportation costs included.
- Essential La Rioja Wine Tour
- La Rioja for the Wine Connoisseur
- Architecture & Wine of La Rioja Tour
- Western Coast of Bizkaia & Historical Village of Gernika Tour