The Art of Txakoli Tour: A Basque White Wine Experience
-We will make the scenic drive to a txakoli (our local white wine) vineyard nestled in the picturesque green hills overlooking the Bay of Biscay. This boutique winery has been in the same family for 3 generations, and offers a very local "off the beaten path" experience.
-At the winery, you will be taken on a guided tour that lasts approximately 1 hour. The tour offers a thorough explanation of the entire wine making process, tastings, and light snack of local tuna, anchovies, olive oil and fresh bread.
-Here you will also learn the historical significance of this local Basque wine, the unique cultivation techniques, and the role the wine has played in the Basque culture over the centuries.
-After our winery tour, we will head down to the beautiful coastal village of Getaria for a tour and lunch (not included). During our stroll through the medieval streets you will learn about the famous Basque sailor Juan Sebastian Elcano, fashion designer Cristobal Balenciaga, and others who made the town famous.
-For lunch, we can make reservations for you at one of the amazing seafood restaurants that Getaria is known for. Restaurants such as Kaia Kaipe, Elkano and Cafe Mayflower are some of our favorites and highly recommended. This small town is considered one of the best places in the world to eat seafood.
-We will then make the short drive to the quaint coastal village of Zumaia, with its famous rock formations containing fossils that date back some 100 million years. Here you will find some of the most breathtaking vistas in the entire Basque Country.
- 10:00am-4:30pm. Approximately 6.5 hours.
- Includes winery tour, wine tastings, and accompanying snacks.
- 410 euro/person for groups of 2.
- 475 euro/person for groups of 3-4.
- For larger groups please contact us for a price quote.
- Tour starts and finishes at your hotel/accommodation/port.
- Fully insured and licensed by the Basque Government.
- Private Mercedes-Benz van/Audi sedan, guide and all transportation costs included.
- Essential La Rioja Wine Tour
- La Rioja for the Wine Connoisseur
- Architecture & Wine of La Rioja Tour
- Western Coast of Bizkaia & Historical Village of Gernika Tour