San Sebastian Tour &
-We begin this Basque experience with a guided tour of San Sebastian. We will first walk to Zurriola beach before heading to the old quarter of the city. Zurriola is a great place to watch the surfers and enjoy the beautiful Atlantic Ocean!
-We offer a detailed historical overview of the city explaining the unique fiestas, culture and traditions found in the elegant city by the sea. You will also get to see the second beach of San Sebastian called La Concha where Isabella II of Spain chose to build her royal palace.
-The magnificent city of Zarautz is our next stop, which holds the designation of having the largest beach in the entire Basque Country. This city was once a popular summer destination for European royalty.
-We will stop in the fishing port of Getaria. This quaint town on the coast has a medieval old quarter and some of the absolute best fish/seafood restaurants in the Basque Country!
-We can secure reservations at one of the many fantastic restaurants in the town if you wish. Restaurants such as Elkano, Kaia Kaipe and Cafe Mayflower are highly recommended!
-We will then make the short drive to the unique coastal village of Zumaia, with its famous rock formations containing fossils that date back some 100 million years. Here you will find some of the most breathtaking vistas in the entire Basque Country.
-The dramatically beautiful cliffs of Zumaia and the coastal Geopark were major shooting locations for the Game of Thrones television show. We can walk along these ancient formations taking in the sea and outstanding views.
-Throughout this tour of San Sebastian and the Basque coast we can stop for delicious pintxos (if desired), some visually stunning photo opportunities and easy treks (if desired).
- 9:00am-4:30pm. Approximately 7.5 hours.
- 410 euro for groups of 2.
- 465 euro for groups of 3-4.
- For larger groups please contact us for a price quote.
- Tour starts and finishes at your hotel/accommodation/port.
- Fully insured and licensed by the Basque Government.
- Private Mercedes-Benz van/Audi sedan, guide and all transportation costs included.
- San Sebastian City & Pintxo Tour
- The French Basque Experience
- The Wild Coast of Basque Country
- 4 Day Quintessential Basque Sightseeing Tour Package