The French Basque Experience
-Our first stop is St. Jean de Luz, a beautiful coastal town with a notable French influence. This Basque city was also where French King Louis XIV chose to get married in 1660.
-Following St. Jean de Luz we head north to the famous surf town of Biarritz. Biarritz has an elegant promenade overlooking the sea, designer boutiques, beautiful beach, superb cafes and some outstanding photo opportunities!
-We will then make our way inland to the French Basque countryside. This region has numerous mountain hamlets in the shadow of the grand Pyrenees. This is a truly spectacular area of the Basque Country.
-We will make a stop in the quaint town of Espelette. The green foothills of the Pyreness surround this small village where the famous red peppers of Espelette hang from nearly every window.
-Our final stop is the Spanish Basque border town of Hondarribia with its unrivaled architectural beauty. We will take a walking tour around the old part of this fishing port, and of course stop for a pintxo or two! The pintxos in Hondarribia are some of the best in the Basque Country!
-Throughout this tour of the Basque Country we will stop for delicious Basque pintxos, some visually stunning photo opportunities, easy treks (if desired), and lunch.
- 9:00am-4:30pm. Approximately 7.5 hours.
- 220 euro/person for groups of 2.
- 155 euro/person for groups of 3-4.
- Tour starts and finishes at your hotel/accommodation/port.
- Fully insured and licensed by the Basque Government.
- Private Mercedes-Benz van/Audi sedan, guide and all transportation costs included.
- San Sebastian Tour & Coast
- The Running of the Bulls: Pamplona & Hemingway
- Basque Mountains & Artesinal Cheese Experience
- Bilbao, Architecture & Culture Tour