The French Basque Experience
-Our first stop is St. Jean de Luz, a beautiful coastal town with a notable French influence. This Basque city was also where French King Louis XIV chose to get married in 1660.
-What was once the center for Basque corsairs in the 17th century has now become an easy going beach resort town. Saint Jean de Luz sits on a gentle, crescent-shaped bay with fine sand and has an old town that is filled with colorful timbered Basque houses.
-Following St. Jean de Luz we head north to the elegant city of Biarritz. Biarritz has an beautiful promenade overlooking the sea, designer boutiques, beautiful beach, superb cafes and some outstanding photo opportunities!
-We will then make our way inland to the French Basque countryside. This region has numerous mountain hamlets in the shadow of the grand Pyrenees. This is a truly spectacular area of the Basque Country.
-We will make a stop in the quaint town of Espelette. The green foothills of the Pyrenees surround this small village where the famous red peppers of Espelette hang from nearly every window.
-If you could only visit one village in the interior of the French Basque Country, it would have to be Espelette. Its picture-perfect streets are lined with traditional Basque houses dating back to the 1700 and 1800s.
-Throughout this tour of the Basque Country we will stop for delicious French pastries, coffee, lunch (not included), some visually stunning photo opportunities, easy treks (if desired).
- 9:00am-5:00pm. Approximately 8 hours.
- 485 euro (total) for groups of 2.
- 550 euro (total) for groups of 3-4.
- For larger groups please contact us for a price quote.
- Tour starts and finishes at your hotel/accommodation/port.
- Fully insured and licensed by the Basque Government.
- Private Mercedes-Benz van/Audi sedan, guide and all transportation costs included.
- San Sebastian Tour & Coast
- The Running of the Bulls: Pamplona & Hemingway
- Basque Mountains & Artesinal Cheese Experience
- Bilbao, Architecture & Culture Tour