The Essential La Rioja Wine Tour Experience
-A visit to a 2 historic and emblematic wineries is included to highlight the absolute pinnacle and prestige of the La Rioja wine-making. These estates produce wine that rates in the top 100 of Rioja wines with more than 90 Parker Points. There will be tastings of both red and white wines so you will have a full experience of La Rioja wine culture.
-On our way to LaGuardia, we will stop for some external views of some of the most architecturally significant wineries in La Rioja. We will take you to some "secret spots" for photos of the Frank Gehry designed Marques de Riscal winery/hotel and Ysios by Santiago Calatrava.
-This La Rioja tour will then take you on a unique visit to a subterranean winery lying beneath the historic Basque city of LaGuardia that dates back centuries. This winery has been operated by the same family for more then 400 years! The winery is always a client favorite as it is unique in the world!
-Outside of LaGuardia there is an elevated view point that offers stunning photo opportunities of the Ebro Valley and Sierra Cantabria mountain range.
-During our private guided tour of LaGuardia there will time for a delicious Basque lunch inside the city walls. You may also choose to have a lighter pintxo/tapas style lunch if you wish. We know all the best spots for a great local lunch! (lunch not included).
- 9:30am-4:30pm. Approximately 7 hours.
- Includes visit to 2 wineries with 2/3 tastings per winery.
- Visit and 40 minute tour to medieval cave winery in the town of LaGuardia with 3 tastings.
- 455 euro for groups of 2.
- 555 euro for groups of 3-4.
- For larger groups please contact us for a price quote.
- Tour starts and finishes at your hotel/accommodation/port.
- Fully insured and licensed by the Basque Government.
- Private Mercedes-Benz van/Audi sedan, guide and all transportation costs included.
- Basque Txakoli Wine Tour
- La Rioja for the Wine Connoisseur
- Architecture & Wine of La Rioja
- 3 Day Basque Gourmet Cuisine & Wine Tour Package