Bilbao Gourmet Pintxos & Tapas Tour: Essential Part of Being Basque
-We will do as the Basques do! A bar hopping tour of the old part of Bilbao. This activity is referred to as pintxo-pote in the Basque language.
-A pintxo is the Basque version of the Spanish tapa accompanied with typical drink (usually wine or a small beer!).
-Sampling pintxos in the Basque Country is an absolute must! The Basque people demonstrate their love of gastronomy with these tasty little bar snacks.
-The pintxos can be very elaborate or quite simple, and there is something for every taste!
-We know the best bars in the city! There are many mentioned online, but you are sure to experience some of the best lesser known local establishments on a Basque pintxo tour with Irene and Zach!
-We will also take you on a private guided tour of the Casco Viejo or Old Part of Bilbao which dates back to the 1300s.
-In between stops at the bars we will point out sites such as the Santiago Cathedral, San Anton Church, the Ribera Market, etc...
-Throughout this leisurely stroll we will be stopping off at some of our favorite bars for some local drinks and Basque pintxos.
- 11:30am-2:30pm or 6:30pm-9:30pm. Approximately 3 hours.
- Includes 8 pintxos (Basque version of the Spanish tapa) and 5 drinks in 5 separate bars.
- 85 euro/person.
- Tour starts and finishes at your hotel/accommodation or agreed upon meeting place.
- Fully insured and licensed by the Basque Government.
- Private tour guide.
- Basque Cooking Class & Gourmet Experience
- San Sebastian Tour: Pintxos & the City
- Bilbao, Architecture & Culture Tour
- 3 Day Basque Gourmet Cuisine & Wine Tour