Bilbao, Architecture & Culture Tour: A City of Modernity & Rich Cultural Heritage
-We will walk along the beautiful Nervion River towards the world renowned Guggenheim Museum designed by famous architect Frank Gehry.
-If desired, guests can also enter the Museum. Normally, 1 hour is a sufficient amount of time to enjoy the museum. (Entrance tickets not included and we do not guide inside museum).
-We will give you a detailed history of the Basque culture and language. You will also learn about the incredible transformation of the city of Bilbao on this private tour.
-We then make our way to the Ribera Market (the largest covered market in Europe) to take a look at all the fresh produce, fish, and meats, all originating from the sea and local countryside.
-Walking through the grand Ribera Market is always a treat for our guests. You will see some things that are sure to surprise! This is a great cultural immersion when visiting the city.
-Take a trip back in time as we walk through Bilbao’s scenic Casco Viejo or Old Part, which highlights the 700 year old buildings and architecture that make this area so unique.
-Points of interest on our Bilbao guided tour include century old Cathedrals, City Hall, local Basque food markets, Iberian ham shops, designer boutiques, etc…
-We finish this private Basque tour with a short drive to the peak of Mt. Artxanda, which offers absolutely stunning views of the entire city.
-We can also add a food and wine tour supplement on to this experience if you wish. Just let us know.
- 10:30am-2:00pm. Approximately 3.5 hours.
- 325 euro (total) for groups of 2.
- 400 euro (total) for groups of 3-4.
- For larger groups please contact us for a price quote.
- Tour starts and finishes at your hotel/accommodation/port.
- Fully insured and licensed by the Basque Government.
- Private Mercedes-Benz van/Audi sedan, guide and all transportation costs included.
- Essential La Rioja Wine Tour
- Bilbao Gourmet Pintxos Tour
- San Sebastian Tour & Coast
- 4 Day Quintessential Basque Sightseeing Package